Dr. Babajide Ogunlana, DPM, FACFAS received his medical degree in 2001 from Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia. He completed a one-year Residency in Primary Podiatric Medicine at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas with special emphasis on Wound Care, Foot Salvage and the Diagnosis and Treatment of Diabetic Foot and Ankle Disorders. He then completed a two year Podiatric Surgery Residency at the Harris Country Podiatry Surgical Residency Program / Columbia West Houston Medical Center in Houston, Texas.
His areas of interest include Non-surgical and Surgical management of Foot & Ankle Disorders, Sports Medicine and the Diabetic Foot. These include:
Dr. Ogunlana’s hobbies include reading, photography and listening to music. He enjoys long walks, running, and spending time with his family. He is actively involved in international medical missions to developing countries as well as outreach programs in his home church.
- Chief of Podiatry, Memorial Hermann Southwest (2010 – till date)
- Board Certified, American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Physicians Certified, Academy of Physicians in Wound Healing
- Member, Wound Healing Society
- Past President, Harris County Podiatric Medical Association
- Attending, Harris County Podiatric Surgical Residency Program
- Medical Executive Committee Member, Memorial Hermann SW Hospital
- Speaker Panel for Milliken pharmaceutical company
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Sugarland Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Sugarland
- Kindred Hospital Sugarland
- Kindred Hospital Town & Country
- West Houston Medical Center
Advanced Wound Care Center Affiliations:
- Amputation Prevention Center – Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
- Wound Care Center – Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital Houston
How does Debridement Work?
Houston Amputation Prevention Summit 2017, 2018, 2019, Houston TX
- “Synergy between Wound Debridements and Moisture Management “
- “Clinical Wound Assessment”
- “Diabetic Foot wound management”
- “Anatomy of the Foot & Ankle”
- “Prophylactic Surgery in the Diabetic Foot”
- “Charcot Neuropathic Foot: Clinical management”
Nominated for Physician of the year 2015 Memorial Hermann SW Hospital
To learn more about Dr. Babajide Ogunlana, DPM, FACFAS, you can view his Curriculum Vitae.
Awards and Honors
- West Houston Foot & Ankle Center, Houston, TX 77459 05/2005 – present.
- Foot Care Associates, Houston, TX 77074 07/2004-05//2005
- Podiatry Section Chief Memorial Hermann SW hospital 2010 – Present Attending Physician
- Harris County Podiatric Surgery Residency Program 07/2004 – present
- Podiatric Surgery Resident
Harris County Podiatric Surgery Residency Program, West Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX Director: Dr. Samuel Mendicino 07/2002 – 06/2004
- Primary Podiatric Medical Resident
University of Texas Health Science Center, Dept. of Orthopedics/Podiatry Section, San Antonio, TX Director: Dr. Lawrence Harkless